The Wingert Family

Jarom, Jewly, Saige, Savy, Lucas and Levi

Monday, April 21, 2008

Workout Time

We'll I have no more excuses for not working out. I kept saying I would start when I stopped breast feeding (that was in Dec.) or started gaining weight (5 pounds since we moved), so it is time to hit the gym. A couple of weeks ago I went to a stroller strides class with Jamie and it kicked my trash. I knew I was out of shape, but not being able to walk for 4 days afterwards was an eye opener. On Saturday Jarom and I signed up for the YMCA. This way I can bring the kids while I workout and not have to worry about trying to workout around Jarom's schedule. Today I used the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, exercised my abs on the ball, then went to my 1st yoga class (I want to be cool like Nikki and be able to do the Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana) and have the rest of the week planned out with:
Tue, Pilates and abs
Wed,Fusion Yoga/Pilates and 30 min of cardio
Thur,SS Yoga Stretch and abs
Fri,Yoga and 30 min of cardio
The Y is awesome because it has a ton of classes you can take and the child care are all included in the membership price. I am very excited to start getting into shape. Then I don't feel so bad when I eat my junk food that I cannot give up. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Norris Family said...

Good Luck!! I am sure you will stick with it though, you are so good in that sticking to working out regime. I have had those same exact excuses but let me see, I have been using since I had Cole 4 years ago. I worked out until the day he was born and ummm really havent done much since. Could that be adding to my hesitation of having another c-section, most defintely, that really came back to bit me in the bum. You will be my motivation this time, keep me updated. Thanks for the support and the story!!

nikki said...

Awesome workout schedule - I'm a little jealous! I totally want to take all those classes. I hope you find you love yoga - I'm obsessed with it and really think it's pretty good substitute for those dance classes that I used to take. More fun in a lot of ways! Hope to see pics of your poses soon! :) Thanks for the shoutout!

Maren said...

That sounds awesome! I wish I was more motivated to go to a gym. I just exercise in the privacy of my own home. I'd probably get better results if I went to some classes though!

Julee said...

Work out?? What's that?? j/k WHOA!!! Good job!!! All of those classes sound fun!! I'm going to pass out when I start working out again!!! I am completly out of shape!!! lol

Jessica said...

Good for you Jewly! It sounds like you are really dedicated! It's so nice to be able to drop off your kids (kid in my case) while you are working out! Brynn has been going to the Kids' Club at my gym since January. She has fun playing and I get an hour to work out and not be in mommy-mode.