The Wingert Family

Jarom, Jewly, Saige, Savy, Lucas and Levi

Friday, April 18, 2008

Atempt #2 at the zoo

When we woke up the weather said it would be in the upper 60's and wouldn't rain until the late afternoon, so we decided to try to go to the zoo again with Morgan, Savannah, Christine and her nephew Chandler. It started off great it was around 65 degrees when we arrived and partly cloudy.
Morgan and Saige walking Saige said she wanted to see the alligators, so we saw them first with all the reptiles.
Then we went into the aquarium where Savannah loved looking at all the fish. We also saw the hippos, Komodo dragons, and tortoises.Saige and Christine peeking out of the hole like a prairie dog.Savannah in an egg shell Saige and Chandler in an egg shell
Then it started to rain so we took shelter in the Farm expo building, played for awhile and ate our lunch. Savannah eating her sandwich in a big girl chair.
When the rain stopped we went back out to see more animals.
Saige and Savannah with a panda bear.
Then it started to rain again and the animals were all hiding so we left around noon. It was 57 degrees and raining, but still not as cold as Monday and we were able to stay longer this time. Thank You Christine for the invite. We will go with you again any time. We all had a lot of fun.

8 comments:

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Looks like fun! Can you bring me the magic potty book on Sunday?

jewly said...

I was already planning on it.

Norris Family said...

Those are some different animals then you would see here in AZ at the zoo that is for sure. But if you went to the zoo right now here it would be in the high 90's. I guess you better share your story with me so maybe it will make me more at ease if I choose the c-section or maybe it will open my eyes as to why I need to go that route. My email is brooke-n-eugene@zingermail.net

Christine said...

I'm going to take you to the zoo in the middle of July to insure it is nice and hot nad no rain! We had lots of fun also and Morgie now thinks we are going twice a week all of the time.

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Thanks again for bringing the books. We're going to give it a try on Tuesday. Also, we're planning a girls night for Friday. I'll send you an e-mail once I have all the details.

Jer and Cam said...

I can't believe how cold it is there. You are so awesome... you have already made so many friends and have just jumped right into things. I'm hoping we won't ever move again, but if we do I'm going to be just like you!!

nikki said...

What fun you're having already! That's so awesome - I think I would be sitting around moping. Too bad about all the rain but looks like you had a fun day anyway. Is it weird for you guys to be experiencing the rain all the time? What a change!

Julee said...

How fun!!! By the way I love your stroller!! It's so cute!!