The Wingert Family

Jarom, Jewly, Saige, Savy, Lucas and Levi

Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary Jarom!

Sorry Long post about how we met, if interested keep reading.


It is hard to believe that 6 years ago today the dream of marring my best friend would come true. Happy Anniversary Jarom! I Love You.
Jarom and I were introduced by my best friend at the time Terese and his former girl friend Terese. Terese and I were at church(MCC 1st ward) and she needed a blessing, so she asked Jarom(newly home from his mission). We went into a quiet room and Jarom gave her the blessing. Then they started talking about old friends and Jarom's ex girlfriend that didn't wait for him. I just sat there and listened to them talk. I was very interested in what they were saying even though I didn't know who they were talking about. Something about Jarom caught my eye that day and I couldn't get him out of my mind. Only one problem I was engaged to someone else. Jarom felt it too and asked Terese about me, but she told him to forget about it because I was taken. As I got to know Jarom more at FHE and church I realized he was way better for me and brought out a whole other side of me that I liked. I was very comfortable around him, he made me laugh and act goofy. After about three months I broke off the engagement to James because I knew he wasn't THE ONE. Only I was too late. Jarom had a girl friend by then, So We became best friends. We hung out as friends for a year. He did take me on a date horse back ridding in January 2001 when his girlfriend was out of town. We were together all of the time people kept asking us if we were dating and If I was really his girlfriend. He would say no I have a girlfriend named Julie (that is right she had my name)It just wasn't me. Finally she left town to study abroad, so they broke up. Of course I was there for him when she left.

Our first date September 25,2001 we taught swing dance to the young men and women in the Fairfield ward. Then we went to the movies to see The Other's. When he dropped me off at my house he kissed me right outside my front door. I didn't expect it because we always hung out, but he never kissed me. That meant we were a couple.

Tune in next year for our engagement story...

13 comments:

Susan said...

How cute! Your engagement pictures are soooo cute! I had a boyfriend when I met Dave too!

Christine said...

I hope you at least get to see Jarom today!

Julee said...

CUTE STORY!!! I love hearing peoples "get together" stories!! They are my favorite!! I had a boyfriend when Danny and I met too(nearly engaged), and Danny caught my eye at church too!!! Too much fun!!

Julee said...

P.S. Happy Anniversary and I love the engagement pictures!!!

nikki said...

Happy anniversary! Thanks for sharing your cute pics and story! I hope you guys have a great year together!

Jessica said...

That's such a sweet story! Happy anniversary guys!

Kasey said...

I love hearing these stories! Rocky and I were good friedns for a year before we got together too. I think things work out best that way! =) Happy Anni!

Jer and Cam said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a fun couple and absolutely perfect for each other!

Payne Family said...

I'm so glad you too got together. Congrats on your anniversary!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

I'm glad Jarom found the right Julie/Jewly! I don't think you should make us wait a year for the engagement story. We'll just drag it out of you at the next GNO....

Unknown said...

Great story!! I think that you guys should teach some more dance classes, you are awesome dancers!!:)

Johnson said...

Congradulatios to you guys! I think it's wonderful that you both got together. It's funny that Rich knew you and I knew Jarom. What a small world. You both make a great couple.

Dawn said...

What a great story! I agree with Cat. We want to hear the engagement story!!! Love the pictures!