The Wingert Family

Jarom, Jewly, Saige, Savy, Lucas and Levi

Thursday, September 18, 2008

School!

Saige's 1st school picture! Saige loves preschool and talks about it all the time. Everyday she asks when is it time for school.
Well it is official Jarom is on his way to becoming a Nurse Anesthetist. He has been in school since July 18, 2008. He has had 5 tests(all A's or B's) with another one tomorrow and 2 presentations so far. He has classes 5 days a week plus 2 online classes on his day off(so he really doesn't have a day off). What this means is I never see him. He leaves before we wake up(Today it was 4:30am(Test tomorrow)) and he comes home between 7-9pm at night 6 days a week. He says he likes it and it is going good so far, but he does a lot of reading, so it gets boring. He is a dedicated hard working student and I am proud of him.

It has taken me a while to post this because I had a hard time at first. I really didn't know how good I had it until he started school. Jarom worked 3 12 hour shifts a week and was home for 4 days. He helped me a ton with the girls and house work(Yes he is amazing). Then school started and I only see him on Sundays. I am used to him being gone now (but I still miss him) and have gotten into a routine with the girls, so single parenthood isn't too bad. He helps out when he can and I still get to go out at night to Enrichment and Girls Night Out! I also get help from my sweet visiting teachers who offer to take the girls so I can have alone time(Thank You). When Saige is in school Savannah and I go grocery shopping and run errands. All in All it has been a great learning and growing experience for our family and especially for me. Only 2 years and 3 months left! I am grateful for the opportunity to move out of state away from our families and friends, so we could become a stronger family even though I miss everyone in AZ.

7 comments:

nikki said...

Great post! I think it would be hard to have to change your schedule and have Jarom be gone all the time when you're so used to him being there. I'm glad you're doing good! It's awesome that he's liking school too.

Suzy Cummard said...

Great post.
You will be so glad when it is done! What troopers BOTH of you are! geez... That is a lot of dedication.
I know a couple people that are so glad that they moved away for awhile, too. Which you put into words perfectly. .. As for us- we are such home bodies.
OH, and that school picture is way too cute! I love it.
Stay strong & warm!

Susan said...

Saige's picture is Adorable!!! My school pictures never turned out that good!

Shantel Palmer said...

I completely agree that moving away helps you become a stronger immediate family. I'm glad things are going so well for you guys!

Sundi said...

Great school picture!

Wow that must have been a tough adjustment but good for you for all making that big sacrifice. It's only temporary but it's hard not to live in the now. I'm glad you've found a routine that works for you and the girls. You're doing so good!

The Smith Family said...

Saige is so CUTE! Colby is HUGE! I can barly carry him out to the car! His teeth crack me up. It's the Smith curse. ha ha ha...We are loving the apartment. Much more ROOM and no parents! It's the Best! My only regret is not doing it sooner! I think Colby is really loving it here too. and we are right by the new riverview in Mesa so thats nice cause we have evrything like 2 miles away from us. Hope you guys are coming down for Christmas so you can see it. Miss you all!

Kendra said...

I feel your pain Julee. I cannot wait till Brian is done next year and the single parenthood can end. But having Saige in school and sticking to a schedule will totally help. Your girls are so adorable.