The Wingert Family

Jarom, Jewly, Saige, Savy, Lucas and Levi

Monday, January 5, 2009

No more passey!

I was tired of stepping on the pacifier and having to find it every 2 minutes, so on January 1st we decided it should be Savannah's new years resolution to give up the passey. I did this with Saige and it worked great, so we did it for Savannah. We took her to Build A Bear Workshop she picked out a bear to stick her passey inside. Now she sleeps with passey bear.
She was excited right away and picked out a few bears.

These were the favorite.
She decided on the pink bear after about 10 minutes.
She picked out a heart.
She was afraid of the machine, so I stepped on the peddle for her.
She was also reluctant to stick the pacifier inside, so I had to do it.(I guess Saige was 6 months older when we took her).
She got sewn up with the pacifier inside.
She had sister give the bear a bath.
Then she was ready to play with her.
She picked out her pj's.
She was happy playing with her in the store.
After awhile she wanted to give her a bath.
She even gave her a birth certificate.
Taking passey bear home.
The first day she would ask me for her passey, I told her it is inside the bear's belly. The second time she asked for it I asked her where it was and she would tell me it is in the bears belly. Then she would give the bear a squeeze and be O.K. It has been five days now and she no longer asks for her pacifier.

6 comments:

Johnson said...

That is such a great idea!

Suzy Cummard said...

Jewly- Happy new year!
I love this post.
SOMEDAY, I want to copy it.
It is so cute! (and so are your girls!)

Mikelle said...

Wow! that's amazing & a really great idea!

Kasey said...

That's the best idea! Too bad I can't put Kylee's thumb in a bear. Dang it! Getting her the stop sucking her thumb is one of our goals this year.

Norris Family said...

Thats such a great and creative way to get rid of the dreaded pacifer. Although I dont think Eugene would have quite flown for that one. We broke Tate of it over Christmas break. We "accidently" left it in Utah at Eugene's parents house so Tate just had to deal with it the entire two weeks we were in AZ. He asked for it for the first week every night and sadly cried for awhile a few nights, but by the end of the second he was great. I made sure to throw the other one away as soon as we got home.

The Wilkins' said...

What a good idea! I'm going to pass that along to others for sure!
Thanks for the invite to your blog :)