The Wingert Family

Jarom, Jewly, Saige, Savy, Lucas and Levi

Friday, August 17, 2012

Broken Toe

On June 23rd I broke my toe. I was at a birthday party with Lucas in an unfenced backyard. He started to run up towards the street, so I ran after him and tripped/kicked a cement foundation( I was wearing flip flops). Right away it hurt/stung and swelled up.After a few minutes I couldn't move it and it went numb. When I came home I told Jarom "I think I jammed or broke my toe" he took one look at it and said it is broken. It was a Saturday, so I went to Urgent Care where they x-rayed it and said I had a displaced avulsion fracture(meaning a piece of the bone broke off). They gave me a boot to wear and said it would heal in 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks I went to the Orthopedic doctor, he said it was healing, but still broken. It has now been 8 weeks and I still have pain when wearing a tennis shoe and bending it. I can't wear high heals yet, so I have been wearing flip flops to church. I can't wait until it is completely healed.
Here is my toe 3 hours after I hurt it.
                                                          This is my toe day 2
                                                         This is my toe after 1 week

                                                       This is my toe after 3 weeks.

0 comments: